Saturday, February 21, 2009

Delays, delays, delays

Sorry for the non-posting. Two things happened over the last week. The Brit found a plane that was heading in my general direction and got on it, and found his way eventually to my little plot of the US. So, there was some distraction with the "but, you're supposed to be in Coventry... WHO ELSE KNEW?!"

And the rediscovery of my love of cricket with the England v. WIndes test match highlights.

Oh yeah. And the arrival of my PSP and the ability to play Patapon and look like a defect on a sugar high. "pon pon PATA pon! Attack my pretties! BWAHAHAHA."

Yeah, it's good.

In preparation for my move across the pond in May, I've discovered places in London that will happily deliver exotic meats such as springbok, reindeer/caribou, alligator, kangaroo, ostrich, and bison to my door if I spend a mere £65. I've already informed the Brit that there will be consumption of meat that he's never thought of before. The venison sausage with pasta went over like gangbusters during the winter trip, so I figure kangaroo helper would be good.

Apparently, in a counterpart in the US, you can get lion ribeye steaks.

I've had bear. It's okay. Nothing to go "omg, this is the bestest meat EVAR!" over, that's for certain. I have to say, I'm not a big fan of eating omnivore (bear) and the carnivore I've had (crocodile and alligator) wasn't that delicious. If I knew that the lions were being fed high quality aurochs, then I might give it a go. But carnivore doesn't equate with really tasty to me.

Now giraffe... I would eat that in an instant. Zebra, too. (I bet it tastes like horse but spicier.)

So basically, I spent the last week torturing the Brit with my cooking, torturing myself with the near-availability of exotic meats, and torturing my roommate with the sounds of *pata pata pata pon*.

Somewhere in there I did coursework and other grad-school related things. I'm really mentally over it. Can I just write my thesis and be done?

No comments:

Post a Comment