Thursday, February 26, 2009

I'm a genius!

This will likely be of no interest to anyone other than knitters.

I finished the blue sweater (yay!) but realized that if the red bolero barely fit in the bathroom sink that I had no hope for the blue sweater to fit (boo!). I scrounged around, looking for anything that I could use to soak the blue sweater in, and then I remembered that I had an inflatable foot soaking thing that I've never used. Voila! Perfect fit. Tons of water to help the sweater leech out any excess dye, fits in the bathtub (that has a leaky seal) and doesn't overdo it with the water.

I am teh smart. S-M-R-T.

And I've found that I can get a basic Necci sewing maching in the UK for about £100. I should be able to skim that from my part of the budget and then be able to pick up patterns and make skirts for myself rather than spending £40 a pop for a skirt from Marks and Sparks. And have skirts that suit my shape and style. Woo!

No comments:

Post a Comment